Katie Couric Slapped Staffer?!

Yeah, I gotta say, I was as surprised as you to hear the news this morning. The not-so-perky-anymore CBS Evening News host Katie Couric recently sat down with New York Magazine to rehash everything that has happened since she took over the desk job, and what she has learned along the way. The piece is quite revealing, and she is admitting to many mistakes along the way.

In June, she reached her breaking point when news editor Jerry Cipriano used the word "sputum," a word she despises, in a tuberculosis segment. She responded by slapping him "over and over and over again."

"I sort of slapped him around," Couric admits. "I got mad at him and said, 'You can't do this to me. You have to tell me when you're going to use a word like that.' I was aggravated, there's no question about that."

"I have days when I'm like, 'Oh my God, what did I do?' But for some weird reason, they don't happen that often," she says.

"If it turns out [the news] wasn't a perfect fit," she says, "then, you know, I'll do something else that's really exciting and fulfilling for me."

Yikes. Whatever happened to the funloving Katie we all knew and loved?

Photo from NYMag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment