Lykke Li Talks About Appearing on the ‘New Moon’ Soundtrack

Photobucket
Lykke Li’s haunting song “Possibility” appeared on the New Moon soundtrack. In this interview, she talks about getting the call to write a song for the film.
“I was sitting in a car in England [when I got the call],” she remembers, “eating a sandwich from Tesco, and I had no idea what Twilight was. Somebody explained it as this thing about vampires and I’m like, ‘I hate vampires.’ But when I thought about it, there are so few pop culture things today, where people are really crazy about something, like Beatlemania, so I thought, how cool to be part of something that so many young, open hearts listen to.” Though she might not have been the obvious choice, Li knows why they approached her. “‘Cos I represent lonely hearts, you know. Kind of emo I guess.” She lets out a rare giggle. “I’m definitely emo, yes.”
Read the full article here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment